The Engineer is all about using tech abilities to disable your enemies and keeping your squad alive long enough to finish off those weakened enemies. You have a tech ability for every type of enemy faced in the game ensuring you are never in a situation that can’t be dealt with. The class can be played more of as a caster style with your tech abilities being your primary damage source or more as a combat style using your Pistol as primary damage and tech abilities for occasional support.
Tech Skill – Enemy Types
Here you can see which tech skill to use against enemy types. These skills cover all enemy types you will ever face in the game.
- Sabotage – Gun-wielding enemies (almost every enemy in the game).
- Overload – Shielded enemies (including biotic barriers).
- AI Hacking – Synthetic enemies (includes Geth but not husks).
- Damping – Tech or biotic using enemies.
- Neural Shock – Organic enemies.
- *tested* Medic – Greatly improve your squad’s survivability with boosted healing and revive abilities while keeping yourself alive long enough to use those abilities.
- Operative – By maximize your disabling tech abilities, your foes become sitting ducks to your squad’s attacks.